Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is treatment which aims to relax, revive and heal the body using manual hands-on movements and manipulation of the soft tissues and muscles of the body. Massage therapy works to promote healing and enhance your overall wellbeing.
Massage therapy has shown to be effective in managing:
subacute/chronic back pain
delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
soft tissue injuries
Some benefits of massage therapy include:
reduced muscle tension
stimulation of lymphatic system
reduction of stress hormones
increased joint mobility and flexibility
improved skin tone
improved recovery of soft tissue injuries
Tips and Aftercare
- Try to avoid eating a heavy meal before your massage.
- Drinking water after a massage may help to flush out toxins and rehydrate muscles.
- Massage treatments may result in soreness or tenderness which may last for a day or two.
- Avoid strenuous activity after a massage.
- Stretching can help to reduce muscle aches and pains after a massage treatment.
30 mins - £40
60 mins - £70
*Please note, there is a 24-hour cancellation and missed appointment fee of £25.